Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Today we were put into groups and discussed our projects among each other. I presented my group members with my idea for my film, and they gave me feedback. Some of the feedback I received was about introducing the idea that my main character had just turned 18. Another idea was I could include my main character playing with army figurines at the beginning of my movie. However, I didn't think this suggestion presented was something I would interpret into my film. I would like it to be more of a shock and don't want to have any foreshadowing about our main character going into the military. I may include the part about my main character turning 18, that way the audience would know he is eligible to join the army.

I was asked what my film title was, and I gave them two ideas. Either dark green which is the army color in the infantry unit that my person would belong in. For example it could be 202nd Infantry. One of my group members asked if I had been inspired by any film I had viewed previously. I told them A Christmas Story, yea the classic... unfortunately nobody had seen it. I went on and explained about the idea that maybe we could have a narrator explaining what's going on, and he could potentially be the older version of our main character in the film. All he's doing is looking back on the past and explaining the main characters current thoughts in the movie. They said that it was a good idea, and maybe I will incorporate that into my film.

One of my other group members Justin also received feedback. They suggested that when our main character comes out to grab the mail, it could be raining to foreshadow the event. The rain would set the mood for the scene, because that's the scene our main character would be drafted into the Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment