Thursday, March 8, 2018

We are meeting today, which is day number 2 of this week. Today we discussed the dates that we will be filming our opening scene, along with where the scenes of our movie will take place. The first clip of our opening scene is me hitting the alarm clock in the morning, this clip will be taken in my bedroom while I am laying in bed. The main focus of this clip will be on the alarm clock to convey the time it is, and the day of the week it is.Alex or Justin will be filming this. The next clip will be filmed in my room, and it will be me putting on clothes to get ready for school. As of now, we haven't though of our angle compositions or camera movement, as we are focusing on the plot for now.

Following me getting dressed, the next clip will take place in my kitchen, I will be making breakfast and then consume it. The reason for this clip is to show the viewers that I am just a normal student that goes through the day just like everyone else. The next clip will be of me leaving my house, and driving to the school that I attend. This will show the viewers that I attend a school, and am still receiving an education, also that I have no occupation. Once I'm at school there will be shots of me sitting in class, and shots of the bell ringing.  When school ends, I'll be shown at baseball practice with the baseball team going through the motions (catching and throwing, working on drills).  Following baseball I'll be filmed going to the gym, and after the gym I will go home and do my homework. Once i arrive at home, after finishing my homework there will be a close up shot of me setting an alarm on my phone for 6:00 tomorrow morning.

The next day will come and I will repeat the same daily routine, however when I turn on the T.V the news will be on. While I am going through my daily routine, the audio of the news will be in the background. I will actually make a news broadcast to implement into my movie. The broadcast will state that America has got into a war with North Korea. The purpose for this is to tell the audience what is occurring in the world that the main character of the movie lives in. The broadcast will also include the fact that there is a military draft. After the broadcast ends I will be shown going through the whole day exactly the same as yesterday. However, when I come home i will check the mailbox in a point of view shot, and I will open a letter sent by the United States Army saying that I have been drafted. This shot will be a close up of the letter, and in the background there will be the noise of me reading this letter. The opening scene will end here.

We might make me be a narrator throughout the opening scene, as maybe in the movie there will be an older version of myself that narrates the story. While the opening scene is flashbacks of the main characters life as a young boy. That's how we can in cooperate that everything has changed in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment