Thursday, April 5, 2018

Today we were put in groups, which allowed us to get opinions from our classmates about our project. We have done this one time before, and now we are doing it again deep in the process of the project. As I said in the blog earlier this week. one of my main problems is trying to fit everything under 2 minutes. I told this to my group, after explaining the plot of my film.

They presented me with the idea that maybe I can be woke up by one of my family members, then go through the daily procedures of getting dressed. After getting dressed I would walk out of my room and  play a board game with my family. This board game would be called risk, and it foreshadows the future because it is about the army. Before this I would still receive the news from a radio, or something. After this part of the board game my father would walk in and tell me I have mail. That is when I would find out that I have been drafted. They said the board game would be a better idea because it would foreshadow the event of me going into the army. Also it would allow the audience to connect with me more.


If I chose to follow through with this i would of course have to edit out my ending scene since the plot is now different. This may be necessary because everything must fit under 2 minutes. Also this is a war movie, and the opening scene is only supposed to present the audience with the background information, which is why we are including who the war is between.

I'm going to film on Sunday and put all the clips together to see how this turns out. Somehow all the work we did filming from last week may not even make it into the opening scene of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment